fot

Re: Race Report, sort of...

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Race Report, sort of...
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl@gt-classics.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 18:58:52 -0400
At 06:59 PM 9/23/02 -0600, Mark J Bradakis wrote:
>Gee, reminds me of the Boulder VTR convention back in, uh, 1990.

Uh oh, I had a feeling that story was going to surface again!

<snip>
>Anyway, when The
>White Car rumbled up to the starting line with John and Bob in full regalia,
>a lot of folks ran for their video cameras, trust me.  As I recall, about
>half of them ran the other way when the starter said go and the driver, I
>think it was John, put a fair bit of welly into it!

No, I was the trusting navigator - Dr. Bob was the driver, and
deserves all the "credit"

>They didn't win, but I bet it was the most photographed funkhana run
>that year.

As I recall, we did collect a trophy, and would have won if Bob
hadn't missed the balloons with those steamroller tires (which
is what started the whole thing anyway).

Later,

R. John Lye

rjl6n@cstone.net