fot

Daytona Prototypes

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Daytona Prototypes
From: N44RT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 15:36:07 EST
FOT'ers
I am fortunate to live in Daytona Beach and have spent a fair amount of time
at the track already this week.  I was there for night practice last night
and back this morning for a.m. practice and the "Historic" GTP/Group C 90
minute enduro.  The Nissan GTP cars were running 1:48's in the enduro - which
many of you know to be fairly leisurely for those cars - and the pole winning
DP car qualified for the 24 hour race at 1:50.5.  I'm not commenting, just
reporting.  There are six (6) of the "DP" cars in the field and all of them
were outqualified by the Derhaag Corvette being driven by Derek and Justin
Bell, and Simon Gregg AND by the Heritage Motorsports Mustang being driven by
Tommy Riggins, Kevin LePage, and Scott Lagasse.  NASCAR (oops, I meant Grand
American) decided to start all six of the DP cars ahead of everyone else
regardless of qualifying speed.  Should make for a very interesting start.
Cheers
Russel Tullius
BTW - if you want to keep up with the 24 hour, try www.daytona24hr.com.
Enjoy!