fot

Re: Daytona Prototypes

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Daytona Prototypes
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:54:29 EST
In a message dated 1/31/2003 3:43:42 PM Eastern Standard Time, BillB@bnj.com
writes:

> ...I don't see how anyone can watch
> a NASCAR race. Sure, these guys are great drivers, but what a boring
> format. I know why the fans are always Blotto, it's the only way you can
> stand it. I have a t-shirt that sums it up: "Too dumb for opera, too smart
> for NASCAR."

At risk of starting yet another well-off-Triumph-racing-topics thread, I
agree. Frankly, NASCAR was a lot more interesting when the cars were somewhat
more closely based on the actual production cars AND when you could actually
see that car instead of a rolling billboard for (insert favorite products by
the 100s here).

It's the marketing types that have ruined it, I tell you! :-)  (That's sure
to raise at least one set of eyebrows on this list!)

Call me naive and old-fashioned, but I also like racing better when the
drivers are at least SOMEWHAT likely to be a determining factor in the
outcome.

That's all I'll say. It's my opinion, and you can't change it, so don't try!
:-)

--Andy Mace (I tell you, it all went downhill after the Hudson Hornet
years....)