fot

TR3 SCCA alternate front brakes

To: "Friends of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 SCCA alternate front brakes
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 21:20:06 -0500
The SCCA production car rules (PCS) allow the use of TR6 alternate
front brakes on TR3's & 4's.  Those alternate brakes have vented
rotors from what I have been told are Jag XJ6's.  The PCS lists the
part numbers (i think they are girling numbers) as Disc - C32764 and
Calipers - right hand - 60-12797 and Left hand - 60-12796.  Has anyone
on the list tried this conversion?  If so was it worth it?

I picked up a used rotor that someone said was early XJ6, but it has a
large hat is quite heavy and takes 5 bolts.  It does not look too
promising. Any ideas?  Joe(B)