fot

RE: 250k

To: "'Mordy Dunst/Gasket Works USA, LLC '" <gasket.works@gte.net>,
Subject: RE: 250k
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 19:20:46 -0800
 I spent today at the Armadillo Racing "boot camp", a racing seminar on
engine building, oils, etc. Pete Brock was the lunch speaker. What a guy.
I spent some time at lunch talking with him about the TR250K. It's owned
by the Hart family--they also own the Flying Shingle and a lot of other
cool stuff. It was restored by Tony Garmey and he races it quite a bit.
Two of the other Hart brothers vintage race very competitively. Great
guys. Bill races a Triumph Devin, Chuck drives a fast Lotus. Their Dad
Pat, who assembled the collection passed away a few years ago.

I've always been amazed at how fast and smooth that TR250K is. Tony says
it's a hell of a car. Of course Tony made Peyote look pretty smooth last
year when he drove it in a practice. I'm sure that if he had a few more
laps he'd be beating my best, and I've spent a lot of seat time in that
car.