fot

RE: 250k

To: "'Barr, Scott'" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>
Subject: RE: 250k
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:17:00 -0800
It's still nice to see your car in Vintage Motorsport or some other mag.
The photo editor is looking at 100 photos for each event. If your car
blends into the pavement then regardless of the other qualities of the
shot it will not make it into the mag. All you have to do is look at the
shots that make it to see the difference. Yup, some cars that are dark or
solid white and hard to shoot without studio lighting will make it, but
the ones that lend themselves to great pictures will be way
over-represented.

When (heaven forbid) it comes time to sell your car, having a stack of
magazines that it appeared in, being driven in competition, will add to
the provenance. For folks like me that drive in club racing as well and
can have sponsors, the tips were great. A car that shows up in magazines
and TV coverage time and again because it's so photogenic will deliver
what the sponsors pay for--exposure--better than one that wins but is
effectively camouflaged.