fot

TR4 Piston Liner Installation

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Piston Liner Installation
From: "Peter Vucinic" <vucinic@b140.aone.net.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 22:02:44 +1100
Dear listers,
I am seeking members knowledge / experience in the 'best' method of installing
the piston cylinder liners into the block.

I will be using a sealant on the cylinder liner, both where it presses into
the block and where the figure 8 gasket seats. I am assuming that once the
liners are fitted into position, the best method of seating the liner would be
to fit the cylinder head and torque down. This of course will allow the
sealant to set, with the liners compressed in the correct position.

Any advice / assistance is most welcome and greatly appreciated. Anything that
saves me from making mistake has got to be good!

Thanks..
Kind Regards
Peter Vucinic
WORKS-4