fot

Re: TR4 Piston Liner Installation

To: BillB@bnj.com, vucinic@b140.aone.net.au
Subject: Re: TR4 Piston Liner Installation
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:50:05 EST
In a message dated 2/10/03 9:08:45 AM Pacific Standard Time, BillB@bnj.com
writes:

<< There is no reason I can think of to seal the liner where it presses into
 the block, and a lot of reasons not to. Water flows down along the sleeve.
 It's hottest part of the liner. If you paint the top of the sleeve with
 sealant you'll insulate it from the metal and water that cools it.

This is interesting.  I use to install figure-8 gaskets dry, but then started
using a little Permatex on them, due to Jack Wheeler doing it.  I am still
spraying a thin coat of Permatex on the steel shim head gaskets, which I
copied from the ex-US Scare mechanic.