fot

Re: GT6 Wheel studs

To: billbartlett@homerebuilders.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 Wheel studs
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 12:34:25 EST
In a message dated 2/25/03 8:00:10 AM Pacific Standard Time,
billbartlett@homerebuilders.com writes:

<< I am going to go to aluminum hubs on my GT6+. Your previous dialog was
this is a good thing and the 6lb savings on the front of the nose heavy car
is worth it. Ok - now the question is wheel studs. The car currently is set
up with 7/16" studs with 20 threads per inch on 3 3/4 in centers. This is
true for the rear as well and also coincides with my Super 7 front hubs so I
can share wheels. Is this the good set up? >>

My guess is that most aluminum hubs require 1/2" studs.  You should be able
to keep the 7/16" studs on the back as I have on a TR-3.  With the three
different types of rims that I have used, I can interchange them on the front
or the back without any trouble, or lug nuts bottoming out.