fot

Re: alternator?

To: mwilder@webryders.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: alternator?
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 13:34:47 EST
mwilder@webryders.net writes:

<< The micro racing alternator I put in my TR4a is the same as the one in the
 '87 Iroc I had for a while last year, they just painted it black.  Think I
 paid $130 for mine from Summit :-(

Is everyone on this list fabricating their own alternator brackets?  I have
been doing things like this from time to time down through the decades with
my fire ax and Sears 220 volt, single phase AC stick welder.  Some of the
crude tools that I made were a differential casing spreader, a transmission
embedded snap ring lifter, rear block cap puller, pinion preload gage, etc.
I just thought that some vintage parts supplier might be selling some
conversion kits by now.