fot

Re: Tar Baby Triumphs

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tar Baby Triumphs
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 13:01:35 -0700 (MST)
When the shop was on the other side of the current shop's back wall
the neighbor was a mud jacker, and had one of these gasoline powered
chop saws.  Pretty impressive tools.  He's moved on, so I couldn't ask
to borrow it for a few minutes, oh well.

Luckily cutting up a Triumph isn't something I do too often.  I prefer
to stash the remains somewhere with the firm belief that any day now
I'll finish up all my other projects and get around to resurrecting the
car.  And the car that started this note arrived at the shop yesterday
afternoon, and upon first inspection appears quite straight and solid.
So there may be another squaretail Spit, probably two, in my not so
distant future.  And those two aluminum wheels on the back match a set
of four I have on hand, neat!  Too bad the motor had lost the thrust
washers and chedwed up the crank and rear main cap.  So it goes.

mjb.

http://fatchancegarage.com/images/square_tail_01.jpg
http://fatchancegarage.com/images/square_tail_02.jpg