fot

Windshield fogging and Triumph heroes

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Windshield fogging and Triumph heroes
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 17:17:33 EST
Greetings Amici,
This may seem a stupid question to ya'll back east, but...
I ran into an interesting phenomena this weekend that my life in the desert
Southwest has not prepared me for.  VARA came to race in my hometown of Las
Vegas this weekend so we rolled out monsoon storms to welcome them.
 morning practice was about worthless in my closed car as I fogged up the
windscreen almost immediately.  I tried Rain-x which helped the outside but
did little for the inside.  How does one normally deal with this issue?
I was thinking of ducting the derelict demister manifolds to the firewall and
bringing warm engine bay air through to the screen as a sort of passive
demister.  I know I have very high pressure under the hood.  Admittedly it's
rare we race in the rain out here but it happens enough that I'd like to be
able to deal with it.  Any thoughts would be welcomed.

Separate to that, our own Mordy Dunst finished second Sunday after a terrific
battle with a fast Volvo.  Both cars held the lead off and on but their
dueling allowed a D production Killer Sprite to close in and take advantage.
The TR and the Volvo remained locked in combat until the last lap when Mordy
made an impossible inside pass that so demoralized the Volvo that he didn't
come within two car lengths the remaining lap.  Fellow FOT'er Paul Smock had
a different plan and simply ran away from his competition after they chewed
his bumper for the early laps.  I believe he finished sixth in the 35 car
field.  Both did a superb job keeping Triumph in the limelight.
Steve Smith in Las Vegas