fot

Re: First report on Dunlop 205-60-15 race tires, race at TWS

To: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>, "'rgk'" <rgk@flash.net>,
Subject: Re: First report on Dunlop 205-60-15 race tires, race at TWS
From: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 20:38:19 -0700
It is interesting indeed to read about the interest in tire pressures.  In
days of old that was about the only adjustable device we had.  I well
remember having four different pressures in the four tires.  Jump out of the
car durin a practice session and change the pressure a pound of so in a
particualr tire and then back and run it hard.  The part I havn't heard
mentioned is the side wall deflection and stiffness.  That is spring rate
but to a lesser degree.  This is one reason you are in love with a single
brand of tire and then when asked or forced to change you can' t make the
car go fast for a couple times out. Another variable....damn.