fot

power inverters

To: "Friends of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: power inverters
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 00:07:47 -0400
I was trying to make a silent generator with a power inverter and a
marine deep cycle battery to use at the track, rather than lugging my
heavy and noisy gasoline powered generator.  The power inverter works
well with tools such as electric drills, lights, televisions, etc, but
not with my battery charger.  Have any of you tried to charge a 12v
battery off of a power (aka voltage) inverter?  Not sure if is is just
my 20 year old battery charger that this will not work with or if I am
violating a law of nature and this just will not work  Any ideas?
Yes, the charger works fine when plugged into household power.  Joe(B)