fot

Re: TR3 block

To: elliottd@look.ca, lytspeed@hotmail.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 block
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 11:16:57 EDT
In a message dated 4/26/03 2:45:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time, elliottd@look.ca
writes:

<< Is it possible the mechanic is not aware that it is a sleeve engine and the
 leak might only be the figure 8 seals at the bottom of the sleeve liners ?

It is possible for these gaskets to leak.  Back in the days when I was
fortunate enough to keep an engine together long enough, I found these
gaskets rusted or corroded almost all of the way through.

Back in the 60s, while renting one half of a double, my TR-3 sat outside all
winter and collected a lot of condensation in the oil.  I assume that your
friend knows that his coolant is disappearing.  He could buy a cheap parts
store radiator tester, drop the pan, pressurize the coolant system, and look.