fot

RE: Live from Pacific Raceways

To: "'kas kastner'" <kaskas@cox.net>, "'Larry Young'"
Subject: RE: Live from Pacific Raceways
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 09:05:28 -0700
Same car--Denny Akers has the Pete Lovely Pooper. Pete's a great guy,
enormously respected in the Northwest, both for his racing prowess, and
his wisdom in buying a Testarossa that was quietly rotting away in an
alley in Seattle for $2500, racing it for many years, and selling it for
north of $5 million. Denny Akers says--I knew about that car, same as Pete
did, I used to set my beer can on it when we were sitting around shooting
the breeze. There wasn't much of anything you could use it for in those
days.

I would have been tempted to run it on the street, though certainly you'd
work on it fifty hours for every five hours of driving.