fot

Re: Valve Clearance

To: <WEmery7451@AOL.com>, <Simon@telephonestogo.ca>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Valve Clearance
From: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 17:56:19 -0700
The biggest problem in my mind for big valves is that you get right back to
the business of no clearance around the inlet valve.  Now off setting the
guides to then fit the larger valves is a way to go.  Not legal in most
places but certainly is effective.  I never could find a way to make this
appear legal..with guides that were 3/4" in dimeter and offset valve guide
bores. Believe me getting the bores on line in the head again when they were
off set was not fun.  Maybe the new math would have helped.