fot

Re: Question on Steering

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question on Steering
From: Ross Fosbender <rossf@interaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 20:42:40 -0500
Both shuffle steering and crossover have their place, as Rocky said.  A big
factor is the length of the race.  Crossover steering is fine for an
autocross, but 30-60  minutes of it will make you feel like an anvil is on
the back of your neck.  (Yah OK, so I should be in better shape.)

I teach shuffle steering for better control and smoothness.  Also, tell
students to pull down from the 11 o'clock position rather than pushing up
from 3 o'clock.  That uses muscles that have more strength and endurance.

RossFos
Racer since Wilmot, Instructor since Meadowdale