fot

Re: Hoosier Tire Update!

To: <JFrymark@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Hoosier Tire Update!
From: "rgk" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 20:15:27 -0500
I'd be all for it. I loved the 195-60-15 008R's and prefer radials over
Vintage TD's. I'm the guy experimenting with the Dunlop 84J 205-60-15s, but
they really are too tall for my taste and ratios. When I wore out my Vin TD's,
I put a 7 year old set of 008's on the car and was faster than I have been on
either the TD's or the Dunlops.

I know that my race group, CVAR, does not allow the radial Hoosiers.A new size
would not change that at all. A different tread,  across the tire would. Don't
ask me why Yokes were OK and Hoosiers aren't. It must have something to do
with the stock tread depth.

I wonder what other clubs would have to say?

Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com