fot

Re: Questions for Kas

To: "Chuck Arnold" <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>, "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Questions for Kas
From: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 12:35:47 -0700
The TR-250 and theTR-6 cars were Lucas fuel injected.  (terrible to deal
with). The regulatons would not allow us to fit Webers.

We had to use lever shocks because the regulations did not allow us to
change them to telescopic.

All my cars always had a rear anti-roll bar

The compression varied some but genrally speaking it was 12.7

All cams were ground by  Bill Jenks @ Moon Equipment Co after my testing and
requirments

We used overdrive for the early years with both cars but then had the close
ratio gears and this amounted to the top four gears of a normal five speed
system.

Add more bolts to the flywheel, fit the lightest clutch and flywheel you can
make.  Mine was 13 pounds total, investigate a larger front damper. There is
lots of information I believe in the FOT archives.

 Breaking the crank is more unusual than throwing the flywheel off due to
the crank vibration. I don't remember breaking a crank,only damaging them
excessivly when the flywheel  came off or worked loose due  to insuffecient
fasteners and too heavy a weight. I'm sorry but there is no way I can assist
for the problem on an over-rev.
(other don't do it)