fot

Re: Book and video

To: "Dave Riddle" <dave@microworks.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Book and video
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:13:06 -0500
Dave,
Your point is well taken, but I agree with Bill. The amount of work that
goes into something like that video justifies the rest of us ponying up even
if it's just to support the effort. If it wears out or get's ruined, we can
buy another. At the local Triumph club level, the membership has no idea of
what it took for these guys to bring that video to us, the sacrifice they
made in time and effort. The problem with burning that CD is how easy it is
to make the next copy, not the concept behind it. FWIW, I showed my copy
over and over again at the VTR Regional in Texas and nobody even asked where
they could buy one. They weren't there and didn't see the value.

While I'm on the soapbox, it always bothered me that companies reprinted the
Comp manuals, apparently without permission and sold them. Kas wasn't paid
for his efforts. Imagine trying to do that with an Elvis recording? I'm
trusting that Kas is going to put a reasonable price tag on his new improved
book, but whatever it is how could I not buy one? We need to support him, we
asked him to do it! Same for the video.

My kids burn copies of music CD's and I complain all the time. They don't
listen. Then again, I'm a hypocrite. I lucked out recently when my daughter
presented me with a burned copy of Gordon Lightfoot's Greatest Hits after I
complained that my original had started jumping. Seems she had copied it
when it was newer, and she made a copy for herself, and now me.
YMMV

Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com