fot

Oil Starvation-- Solution needed

To: 6pack digest <6pack-digest@autox.team.net>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Starvation-- Solution needed
From: Chuck Arnold <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 06:25:48 -0700
The shop finally got my frozen engine apart.  The verdict was oil
starvation in number 1 cylinder.  Rod bearing gone, rod shot.  Piston
OK.  Now I am looking for solutions before putting it back together.
Car is TR6 with 170 HP at the wheels used for the track.  Has an oil
cooler and uses about 6 quarts to fill.  Used Mobil1.

Kas has the illustrations for a deeper oil pan and a baffle -- but I
need more information about its installation, and the collected wisdom
of the group to help me get it right before I do it again.  Will/would
an Accusump help this problem?

Thanks,

Chuck

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
chuck.arnold.vcf]