fot

Re: Oil Starvation-- Solution needed

To: johnkipping@inet.net.nz, chuck.arnold@oracle.com,
Subject: Re: Oil Starvation-- Solution needed
From: Fubog1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:00:16 EDT
In a message dated 6/25/03 6:25:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
johnkipping@inet.net.nz writes:

> As a matter of interest what make of bearings were fitted to the big ends?
> Glacier or equivalent ones will not stand abuse and the surface will be
> wiped off. A very good replacement is the Galcier lead copper ones made for
> the diesel engine version of the MGB engine.
> John Kipping

I'm also curious about what kind of rods? How are the rest of the bearings?
If you can see signs of the parting faces closing up at all, as evidenced by
wiping all the way to the edge, I would suspect overloaded bearings, as John
has
suggested, or big-end housing bore not staying round at high speed.
Accusump good thing but is not necessarily a cure for your failure.
HTH!
Glen Efinger