fot

Re: TR4 Oil Pump Rotors

To: "Peter Vucinic" <vucinic@b140.aone.net.au>, "FOT"
Subject: Re: TR4 Oil Pump Rotors
From: "MARK J WEATHERS" <markjwea@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 03:35:38 -0700
Peter, I have also noticed the rotor and shaft material is pretty soft. In
an effort build a close tolerance pump, I nickel plated the shaft and rotor
to close up the tolerances, then lapped the housing to establish end float.
The plating should improve the surface hardness, but obviously won't help
the housing wear. Due to other problems I haven't had much time on the pump
to evaluate it. I would be interested in developing a better assembly with
you if you want to work on it.

Mark
'72 TR6