fot

Re: TR4 Oil Pump Rotors

To: "MARK J WEATHERS" <markjwea@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: TR4 Oil Pump Rotors
From: "elliottd" <elliottd@look.ca>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 07:12:54 -0400
Or find a reliable supplier who makes and sells the oil pump that has the
original design with the hardened shaft and the cross pin.  With wear on the
soft drive spindle, the lobes will also wear because things are no longer
parallel.  With this wear, the oil pressure will drop somewhat with time.
It did on mine.

With the new hard shaft I put in, the oil pressure hasn't dropped any
noticable amount in 8 years.

Don Elliott, 1958 TR3A