fot

RE: Recommended Seat Position

To: Rocky Entriken <rocky@tri.net>, Group44TR7@aol.com
Subject: RE: Recommended Seat Position
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:21:42 -0700
Good dialog, and useful.

The old straight arm position had a lot to do with unsupported seating.
You could hang onto the wheel to keep your body somewhat in position.  I
find the most important support for this patched together body I have is
in the shoulders, so my seats are super ugly expanding foam and ductape.
Once I'm belted in my upper body is in a socket with my arms and shoulders
free.

This winter I'm going to move the pedal box as far away as I can, and lay
the seat down a little. I'll wind up closer to the wheel in the gut, about
the same at the shoulders, and I should be able to increase the side
support a bit. My aim is to get down out of the air a bit and get my back
relaxed a little. I tend to get backaches after long drives.