fot

Re: Bought a Berkeley

To: BillB@bnj.com, GRMTim@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bought a Berkeley
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:36:06 EDT
In a message dated 10/23/2003 11:07:46 AM Central Daylight Time,
BillB@bnj.com writes:

> Subj:RE: Bought a Berkeley
> Date:10/23/2003 11:07:46 AM Central Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:BillB@bnj.com";>BillB@bnj.com</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:GRMTim@aol.com";>GRMTim@aol.com</A>, <A
>HREF="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.team.net</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> Weird little cars, there's a guy who runs one at Monterey--for as long as
> he can keep it together. I think they would be very cool with a more
> modern engine. If I owned it I'd put in one of Kenny Dreer's new Norton
> Commando 952 engines, which are all new, made in the USA, but still look
> like a Norton engines.

Amici:

Mike Belfer had one.  I think it had an Excelsior (sp?) engine.  Little bitty
thing.  Somewhere I've got a picture of me sitting in it at ROAD AMERICA.  I
appear somewhat larger than the car, and we stuck two rubber boots in the
headlamp holes, so it looks like my feet are sticking out.  At the time there
was
a dozen or so similar that were racing vintage.  All Greek to me, but they had
names like Deutsche Bonnet (sp?).  I think there were several Crosley Hot
Shots in the group too.  They have not been back for a while.

Bill Dentinger