fot

Re: TR7 Conversion to V8

To: Group44TR7@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR7 Conversion to V8
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 10:41:47 EST
In a message dated 11/29/2003 6:27:08 AM Central Standard Time,
Group44TR7@aol.com writes:

>        I am curious as to whether anyone in FOT has investigated the option
> of replacing the TR7 or TR8 engine with a newer Rover V8 engine including
> the
> Rover's factory fuel injection.  What year's in the Rover V8 are basically
> the
> same lineage as the TR8 engine? Is there somewhere were the Rover engines
> have
> been compared?

Cary

I don't have any address or telephone number, but there is a guy in Garland,
Texas that runs a shop called 'John's Cars'.  He is a Jaguar devote, who puts
big Detroit engines in old Jags.  I never understood that.  Seems like it was
the electrics that were bad...not the engine.  But anyway, he sells a kit for
upgrading the TR7.  I think he recommends using a V6.  I don't know if he
still does, but he used to build them too.  I almost bought one, but racing
never
left enough extra cash.

Bill Dentinger