fot

RE: TR7 Conversion to V8

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR7 Conversion to V8
From: "Susan and Jack Brooks" <tr3a@att.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 11:39:33 -0800
Cary,

It's been done lot's of times.  You need to join the wedge list. They
will know everything you need to know.  My understanding is that
externally, the engines, all the way up to the most recent, share engine
mount points, etc.  The timing gear, water pump, and belt systems are
different, but it's not a difficult conversion.

If you are just looking for FI, check out the Yahoo list called
"MegaSquirt".  It's a programmable DIY FI controller.  I'm in the
process of Megasquirting my TR8, using a later SD1 intake manifold
(better flowing, with individual trumpets within the manifold, unlike
slots provided for the TR8)

For the wedge list, send administrative requests to the majordomo at
tr8-request@mercury.lcs.mit.edu.  I don't recall if the "subscribe" goes
in the subject or body, but that shouldn't be hard to figure out.

Jack Brooks
Covington, WA