fot

Re: cheap aluminum jack

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: cheap aluminum jack
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 11:44:26 -0600
Bill D. wrote:

> Also, a few years ago we bought a jack from Gariot's (sp?).  It is not
> particularly light, and does not lend itself to use at the track, but it
is
> 'slicker than snot' (bricklayer talk) in the shop.  It has a very, very
low pickup
> point, and also you can get nearly a foot under the car before you start
> jacking.  This jack was not all that expensive ($400 +/-) at the time, but
I have
> not seen it advertised lately.  We bought it when it appeared on the
catalogue
> cover.  I don't recall seeing it again since.

This one?

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=77715

The description says:

    With a 2 3/4" saddle clearance, our 2 ton floor jack has
    the lowest profile in the world yet is capable of lifting
    4,000 lbs. to a height of 18 1/4". In a jam? Take the
    saddle out and your lifting point is just 1 3/4"!

Jim Hill