fot

Re: TR3 Leaf Spring Front Attachment Pin

To: jrherrera90@hotmail.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Leaf Spring Front Attachment Pin
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:38:37 EST
In a message dated 12/17/03 5:01:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jrherrera90@hotmail.com writes:

<< It came out about halfway and stopped, and no amount of beating and
name-calling would budge
 it any further. >>

You got a lot further than I did.  I recently tried to take a leaf spring off
of the junker TR-3 in the back yard to replace a ruined spring on the race
car.  Every rear spring front pin that I ever worked with seemed to be welded
into the frame.  This one I whacked off with a fire ax (Not something that you
want to do).  I can install the spring back onto the race car without moving
that pin, since all the inner fender metal is gone.

If you get the pin out of the frame, I would reinstall it with some
anti-seize.  I have also had better luck with PV Blaster trying to free stuck
parts,
than I have had with penetrating oil.