fot

Re: Memories

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Memories
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 10:59:02 -0800
When the brakes failed in my first car, a '55 Ford, going down a steep
windy mountain.  I did my best James Dean imitation just before the car
went over a cliff on a hairpin turn.  Last I saw of the car was its
rear bumper disappearing over the cliff.

The first time I saw a works GT40 on display in a Ford showroom.  I
managed to sit behind the wheel for about 5 minutes before a salesman
noticed and ended my first racing fantasy.

The first time I ever saw a double row of 12 venturis on a line of
DCNs, standing between a pair of crinkle red valve covers, each with a
prancing horse. Then the owner fired up the engine and burped it a few
times.

The first time I actually drove a sports car.  A borrowed black MGA,
top down,  through the forested hills on a late spring day.  I
discovered that something was seriously missing in my life.

First time I saw my TR3A.  A fresh coat of Chevy white paint and a box
full of parts in the rear. "well at least the body is in good shape.
All it should need is a fresh interior and tune up" I thought

When my hand sank through the rear valance of my TR3 while I was
cleaning it up.

When I drove my Land Rover with broken front axle though a section of
trail that two 4X4s I was with had to be winched through.  Walked it
right through with narry a slip.

The first time I took my TR3 out for a drive near the end of a complete
rebuild.  My first rebuild experience ever.  I was sure something major
was going to fall off as I wondered if I tightened down all the bolts
and put things in the correct place.  " 'scuse me mam, but is that your
engine siting back there on the road?"

TeriAnn
Who keeps thinking of making a necklace out of DCOE jet stacks and
waiting for the right pick up line....