fot

RE: Memories

To: "'Jack W. Drews '" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>,
Subject: RE: Memories
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 11:44:12 -0800
First time I held my grandson.

Riding a clapped out BSA A10 through a new england autumn day.

Same bike, two in the morning, cruising Revere Beach on a hot summer night
in a T shirt and jeans.

Spectating at my first race, riding shotgun to Thompson in a green TR3.

Third place, open division, Riverside Grand Prix on a Yamaha 360MX that was
planning to sieze at any moment.

Watching Kenny Roberts loft the rear wheel all the way through that off
camber left hander after the corckscrew at Laguna charging from the back to
the front in three laps.

Driving that same turn in Peyote and wondering how the hell he did it.

Building a snow ho in snow up to my ass--oh wait, that was yesterday.

Life is sweet