fot

RE: Memories

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Memories
From: "spitfiresuz@141.com" <spitfiresuz@141.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 14:51:11 -0500
My most awesome experience in a Triumph (so far) was driving home in my
first Spit (top down of course) in the wee hours from a friend's in the
countryside in south Louisiana, playing the (then new) To Live & Die
soundtrack at top volume.  Crisp, clear night -- I could see every star in
the sky.  As the stereo started playing the first instrumental (the very
powerful City of Angels), thin bands of fog appeared perpendicular to the
road just below the height of the windshield, and abruptly lifted over the
car when they hit the pressure wave off the windshield and sucked back down
behind the car.  This went on during the entire song.  I will never forget
that night -- it was otherworldly and very cool.  (Sorry, not a one-liner,
but it was an awesome experience!)

The sound of the Indy cars resonating off the walls and fencing at the Indy
500.

The sound of the turbo Indy cars downshifting at the turns.

Watching quite a few drivers coming through Turn 5 in the rain at the last
Grand Prix of Dallas (I was working as a camera spotter on Turn 6) and
hitting the concrete barrier walls at the end of the corner hard enough
broadside to flex them out and back in again.  Whump!

Seeing the red TR5 blow by me at Mid-Ohio like I was standing still (I
wasn't), and go on to win the race after his frame-bending crash the
previous day.

Seeing Uncle Jack blow by me like I was standing still (and I assure you I
wasn't!) to catch up to take 4th place in the All Triumph race at Mosport
last June after his stalling on the grid at start.

I hope you are all looking forward to a wonderful New Year!  I am looking
forward to seeing you at VIR!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan     :)

http://mail2web.com/ .