fot

Re: memories

To: "riverside" <riverside@Cedar-Rapids.net>, "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: memories
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl@gt-classics.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 17:08:14 -0500
Here's a couple:

Working my first weekend as a flagger ever at the Steamboat Vintage Races
and having the left rear wheel from a GT-40 come off and sail over the corner
station that we had just vacated.

Seeing a Gullwing Mercedes and a Morgan SLR both get airborne and go
off course at the same corner at another Steamboat Vintage Race.  Both
returned to race again later on.

Seeing a Ginetta G12 for the first time (serious lust, someday....).

Crawling underneath a rolled Lotus Elan with a punctured fuel cell to help
a former corner worker who was hanging from his belts get out of the car
before it had a chance to burn.

Blowing by a Turbo Carrera 911 at turn 4 at Summit Point in a Caterham
Seven (and lapping him twice in a 20 lap session!).

Beating Mark Bradakis at the VTR National autocross at Roebling Road <grin>

Losing FTD to Bob Bownes at the VTR National in Seattle because he's lighter
than me, and I gave him the car with warm tires <very big grin>

I'll stop there,

R. John Lye

rjl6n@cstone.net