fot

Re: "Diner"

To: rjl@gt-classics.com, N197TR4@cs.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Diner"
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:40:38 EST
In a message dated 01/12/2004 7:38:29 PM Central Standard Time,
rjl@gt-classics.com writes:

> These days, every time I go into a place like Walmart, I check their
> "bargain DVD's" section to pick spare copies of the movie.
>
> Later,

While I disliked seeing the TR3 on its side, that movie is one of my
favorites as well.  I like the part in the Strip Club, when the musical trio is
butchering the tempo on a piece so the stripper can bump and grind to it.  One
of
the guys hollers, "Pick up the beat!!!", and finally goes up on stage and takes
over the piano.  The sax and drums follow his lead and the rest of the night
the stripper sits at the bar with the crowd and listens to the music.  They
finally go out to breakfast with the stripper.

Far as I know, Diner is part of a Trilogy on growing up in Baltimore during
that era.  I think the other two are Tin Men and Avalon, but as usual I may be
wrong.

Speaking of Baltimore, does anyone remember the old Baltimore TRIUMPH spares
house, START YOUR ENGINES?  The were a major player at one time, ALA MOSS or
TRF, but they bit off more than they could chew.

Bill Dentinger

Bill