fot

RE: "Diner"

To: N197TR4@cs.com, BillDentin@aol.com, rjl@gt-classics.com,
Subject: RE: "Diner"
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:06:22 -0800
>From the "chain of consciousness" school of correspondence:

One of my favorite movies too, for a number of reasons. Beyond the TR3, I'm
a big fan of Diners--I collect them. Not physically, I eat at them and take
a picture of the inside and outside. Weird, I know, but I really love them
and sometimes the food is spectacular (but not often). There's a diner in
Wareham Massachusetts called the owl that at one time had the very best
fried clams I've ever eaten, and yes, for you fried clam aficionados (I'm
sure there are several in the FOT) I've been to Lobster in the Rough in
Essex, and Woodman's, and Farnhams,  and every grease-soaked tinderbox
waiting to explode and burn like a candle in the Northeast. Though not for a
long time, and now my stomach is rumbling and there isn't a decent fried
clam within 500 miles of Portland.

Reads like five degrees of Kevin Bacon. Oh, wait, there's another reason...