fot

Re: Cold Air Boxes

To: BillDentin@aol.com
Subject: Re: Cold Air Boxes
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 10:33:11 -0800
>> But I kept the hammer handy for striking the SU
>> electric fuel pump on occasion.
>>
> The classic fix for 1950s 'vapor lock' on traditional fuel pumps.
> Back in
> High School, I wouldn't leave home without one in my 1951 Ford.
> It works on Electric Fuel Pumps too?  Wow!  Didn't know that.

The points on the pump often needed some slapping around before they
felt inclined to work.  Changing out the points didn't seem to help
very long.  I suspect something causing the points to burn.  I solved
the problem by selling the BGT.  Last heard it was living on a working
winery in South West Australia and being pampered by a retired
University professor.

The Groose jets?  after a year, they went into the trash can.  I've
always found it hard to improve on SUs that are in good nick.

Take care

TeriAnn