fot

RE: Cold Air Boxes

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Cold Air Boxes
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:58:42 -0800
> The points on the pump often needed some slapping around before they
> felt inclined to work.  Changing out the points didn't seem to help
> very long.  I suspect something causing the points to burn.

Huge inductive kickback every time they opened.  There was supposed to be a
condensor/capacitor to help suppress the spark, but it was frequently
defective or missing.  Later units actually had a diode, which worked much
better (but made it more of a hassle to switch battery polarity).

Randall
71 Stag daily driver wanna be - with an electric SU fuel pump (temporarily
replaced by a Facet)