fot

RE: Quaiffe for TR6

To: <N197TR4@cs.com>, <gasket.works@verizon.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Quaiffe for TR6
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 08:25:39 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-fot@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-fot@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of N197TR4@cs.com
Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2004 8:08 AM
To: gasket.works@verizon.net; fot@autox.team.net

Underscoring Mordy's comments...the Quaiffe adds another element of
complexity to chassis set up.

It is durable, I like it, but on some tracks the inside wheel spin is
disconcerting.

However, I will keep it in place because it is easy to move the car
around.... :-)

I will play with some chassis adjustments and compensate some with
driving
'style'.

It doesnt seem to slow Uncle Jack down....

Joe

The worst part of the "one wheel not connected" scenario is that with
the Quaife, when one wheel is allowed to spin freely, the other one
completely loses its drive.  So the engine just revs up without anything
being applied to the ground.

I discovered that when I broke a half shaft.

Joe (C)