fot

Re: Quaiffe for TR6

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net
Subject: Re: Quaiffe for TR6
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 09:41:32 -0500
Uncle Jack wrote:

>I believe that Ken Gillanders (British Frame and Engine) has just taken on
>the distribution of Quaiffe limited slips.

Ken is a distributor for newly made Salisbury diffs, one of which I have in
my TR6.
Be prepared for sticker-shock, and a long wait as they are made and hauled
from
the UK.

I ran it with stock diff crown/pinion gear and an Addco rear sway bar before
taking
Rags off the road for its rebuild.  What a difference!  I cannot believe how
this
transformed the car to a completely neutral handler and I never had any
doubts about
what the rear end was doing.  I often had the impression that I could steer
using
throttle alone.  It was this modification that convinced me to stop all
development work
on the Pantera and sell it,  and concentrate on building a fast TR6.

To put things in perspective, I've not driven a TR6 with any other sort of
slippery or locked
diff, so cannoy provide an authoritative comparison.  However, based on
others accounts,
the Quaiffe is a lot more slippery than the Salisbury.

Cheers,

Shane Ingate in Maryland