fot

RE: Brag Time (non-TR material)

To: Wes Dayton <oilyrag@hsrca.org.au>,
Subject: RE: Brag Time (non-TR material)
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 06:22:08 -0800
Wow, very cool. Don't you just love those experiences that you carry forever
(or until the ol' computer fails to reboot).  Phil Hill, Sterling Moss, Dan
Gurney, Jack Brabham and a host of others are such heroes. It a wonderful
thing to see that they are just guys who really love driving cars. It's
pretty damn cool to hang out with Kas and Hardy and find out the same thing.
There are some endeavors in life where the rewards are so rare that it's
easy to be jealous of someone else's really great experience. Isn't it
wonderful that playing with these cars is so rich an experience, that the
first and only thing you think when Wes has such a great time is: Good for
YOU!

And the only selfish sentiment it inspires is that it reminds you of all the
great days YOU'VE had.