fot

Re: lube torqued fasteners?

To: WEmery7451@aol.com, jsukey@eng.utoledo.edu, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: lube torqued fasteners?
From: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:46:15 -0500
>I recently acquired another click wrench from Matthew's Wall Anchor.  They
>installed six big plates trying to stop my garage-basement wall from caving
>in.
>They then left what looks like a better torque wrench set a 80 ft-lbs for
>me
>to torque the carriage nuts on the plates once a month.  I better go
>downstairs and turn that one down to zero.

Don't turn it down to zero, just to the lowest torque setting on the wrench.
My Lab Aide is very fussy about this. He keeps the click-types in his office
desk instead of the tool crib, and reminds the students to turn the wrenches
to the lowest setting every time they return them, then checks to see if
they did it! Believe me, no one wants to be found out as the one who didn't
turn the wrench down! So I am very sensitive to this.

He says never to set a click-type below the lowest mark or above the
highest.

John

Get reliable access on MSN 9 Dial-up. 3 months for the price of 1!
(Limited-time offer) http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/