fot

Re: Calling you tire/suspension experts

To: "Don Marshall" <marshall@nefcom.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Calling you tire/suspension experts
From: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:58:14 -0700
  Might as well give an opinion.  Probably okay to move the rear tires to
the front (never to the opposite side) but when the fronts are worn they are
DEAD. Don't move them anywhere but the dumpster. NEVER turn the tires inside
out.  If you've never had weird handling before you will certainly have it
now if you do.  The tread  takes on a "feather".  This is the blocks of
rubber moving under load by rolling away from the pavement. The inside of
the tread block wears when the tire is compressed  and this leaves a
definite sharp edge you feel with your fingers as you stroke across the
tire.  If you turn that tire inside out you have the high sharp edges
exposed to the brunt of the cornering and they will not take the weight,
thus you will feel just like on hard packed snow.