fot

Re: Pinewood Derby at the Gold Cup

To: grandwazoo@earthlink.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pinewood Derby at the Gold Cup
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 10:22:45 EDT
In a message dated 05/02/2004 6:24:06 PM Central Daylight Time,
grandwazoo@earthlink.net writes:

> Battle of Britain will have an entry or two and looks forward
> interesting competion from other TRiumph folks in attendance.

Mike:

The Beady Eye VINTAGE TRIUMPH Racing Team (in all its glory) has picked up
the gauntlet and will attempt to field an entry in the GOLD CUP PINEWOOD DERBY
at VIR.  Early on, we had dragged our feet concerning fielding an entry because
we misunderstood the event title, thinking it was called the PINEBOX DERBY
(ala SOAPBOX DERBY).  Obviously, at our ages we would want to avoid any event
involving PINEBOXES.  We have taken up a collection to fund our effort, and we
have seven dollars and twenty-one cents (most of it in cash) so far, so please
expect us to field an entry as well.  Our Group Leader will be Don Brick, so
expect performance above the Beady Eye Team average.  At this writing, we
envision the GOLD CUP EVENT at VIR in June and then, of course, the OLYMPICS in
Greece later this summer.

Bill Dentinger
BEVTRT