fot

Re: Vntage dry sump

To: Gt6steve@aol.com
Subject: Re: Vntage dry sump
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 11:38:20 -0600
Steve,
I was sure Rocky Mountain Vintage Racing has an exception to the GCR/PCS
that allows the use of dry sump systems on all production cars since I've
seen a few. Just checked the exceptions and they do not allow it in the
"Historic" group or cars thru '67. With eligibility expanded thru '72,
those cars are allowed dry sump.
Not sure how the dry sumped cars are getting by.
Bill

On Fri, 21 May 2004 09:59:16 EDT Gt6steve@aol.com writes:
> Amici,
> What's the general opinion among the various vintage organizations
> regarding
> dry sumping a production car?  Was it permissible in 69 or 72 GCR's?
> Is it
> permissible in your club?
>
> I'm sure we've all seen dry sumped Lotus's running as well as
> Ginetta's.
> Even a few Volvo's.  How would a dry sump Triumph go over?
>
> Steve (doesn't have a tank) Smith

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!