fot

Re: Airstream

To: BillB@bnj.com, spitfiresuz@141.com
Subject: Re: Airstream
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 16:51:45 EDT
I worked with Airstream on some projects in the 80s. From talking to one of
the primary engineers, the platform (chassis) is considerably reinforced to
help maintain the shape of the aluminum "shell" on top.

I dont know, but this might suggest that any cutting into the aluminum shell
might require some unexpected reinforcing to stabilize it.

Wonderful thought....I think another FoT has given some thought to this.

However, it likely has Wally Byam twirling in his grave.

Joe (A)