fot

Re; C/R Gearbox Query

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re; C/R Gearbox Query
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 23:52:16 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

It's time to (finally) install the c/r gearbox in the TR6. This is the
setup using the "Dolomite sprint" input shaft. I test fitted the gearbox
to one of my core motors and it does fit.

The question is - the input shaft extends beyond the flange of the
bellhousing by about 1/4". It looks like I overlooked this detail when I
assembled the box. Either that or I totally forgot if anyone told me abou
tthis detail.

At any rate, seeing that the input shaft doesn't bottom out on the crank
pocket, I figure that I don't have to worry about it, but can anyone who
has fitted this c/r 'box to a TR6 comment about cutting down the input
shaft?

Thanks.
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |