fot

Re: Moldex crank, now bearing width

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Moldex crank, now bearing width
From: Fubog1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:21:25 EDT
In a message dated 8/26/2004 4:02:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
vinttr4@geneseo.net writes:

> If you look at Honda type engines, even those putting out 800 hp, you find
> that the bearing width is narrower than the TR.

Yes but they have short stroke & low weight. No matter what we do to
strengthen our bottom end, we still have the extreme loads resultant from
long-stroke &
 heavy reciprocating weight. FWIW a lot of manufacturers started using narrow
bearings in the 70's, largely to try to reduce friction & increase
efficiency, but they also started reducing weights in order to reduce the loads.
Safety FasTR,
Glen