fot

Moldex again, plus rods

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Moldex again, plus rods
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 06:08:55 -0500
I agree that many racers (me included) use the stock crank and rods and
they live, under certain conditions.

However, in the last 30 or so cranks that I have had magnafluxed, I have
found about five that were cracked but not broken. That's too big a ratio
for me to gamble with.

Additionally, although I haven't found cracked but unbroken rods, there are
too many failure stories to discount the possibility.

But rather than rely solely on opinion, why don't we use data (now there's
a novel concept!)?

Okay, how many drivers WHO LIMIT THEIR RPM's to 6000 have experienced a
broken crank? How many have experienced a broken rod? We know how many
folks are on the FOT list -- the math will be pretty easy.

uncle jack